Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday 23 December 2012

Merry Christmas

I have a bit of Christmas cheer for those waiting for Vietnam! The Childrens Bridge agency in Canada finally got its first referral from the new "normal" stream in December. Also, according to one of the French blogs that I follow, a Spanish agency also got its first referral this month. Let's hope that the handful of referrals we've seen at the end of 2012 are just a preview of the many more in the months and years to come.

This year in particular, my thoughts cannot be anywhere except with the millions of orphans all over the world who are wishing for a family. So my song this week just has to be Steven Curtis Chapman's All I Want. Have your tissues ready before you watch! I wish you all a Merry Christmas. I also hope that the desire, commitment, faith and strength that have taken us this far will  lead us all to our children next year.


All I really want for Christmas
Is someone to tuck me in
A shoulder to cry on if I lose
Shoulders to ride on if I win
There’s so much I could ask for
But there’s just one thing I need
All I really want for Christmas

Is someone who’ll be there
To sing me “Happy Birthday”
For the next 100 years
And it’s OK if they’re not perfect
Well, even if they’re a little broken, that’s alright
‘Cause so am I
                                - Steven Curtis Chapman



No comments:

Post a Comment