Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday 17 July 2013

appointment with the stork!



Our Giving and Receiving Ceremony is on August 9, 2013!  There is a family from Montreal with my agency who have the same date, so it's nice that we'll share that special moment with some new Canadian friends. My plan right now is to stop working on July 31st, travel around the 4th, take a mini Vietnamese beach vacation in Mui Ne while we wait for paperwork, and head home with my girl around the 23rd. It's a long trip across the date line (in economy class, anyway), so I think we'll stop for a day and night in Vancouver. What better place to introduce Mai to beautiful Canada?

After a week of illness caused by the typhoid shot, this news today was just what the doctor ordered (well, actually my doctor wouldn't see me until August, even though I said I would be gone most of August and needed an appointment before I left). I have so many things to do, but travel trumps everything in my world, so hotel and flight reservations are next! Time to empty the bank account and get really, truly JOYful that it's happening...in 23 days!!!!!

In other good news, my parcel was delivered to Vietnam and I woke up one morning during "Typhoid Week" to the most precious, miraculous photos of Mai looking at my picture for the first time, seeing her forever family, and hugging her new dolly.  I was told that she was "extremely happy", and her smile said it all. I have no words for how I felt looking at her that morning. But it made me think about how life can change in an instant.

There are horrible ones that we don't expect, like when your family abandons you, or your adoption agency steals your child and goes bankrupt. There will always be that kind, in one form or another, and it's devastating and seemingly impossible to make sense of. But if you dig deep and carry on, life will inevitably send you the other kind. It's the miracle, and it has the power to turn your life around, make sense of every moment that came before it, and confirm that everything in your heart was true all along the way.

July 13th was the 4th anniversary of the Imagine bankruptcy. This year, I didn't even realize until I read it a few days later.

"'Tis but the work of a moment."
-Love Actually

3 comments:

  1. Have been thinking of you and wondering when you could travel. Wow! The time has finally come! Best wishes for this journey. You have waited a long time, long time is an understatement. I'd love to see you in Vancouver if it works but totally understand if you'd rather not. With recent news of my own I am thinking of pulling out. So, so happy for you. Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you'll have time to update the blog while you're there!! so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice there will be another Canadian family there to share in your big day! This blog post has left me with big streams of happy tears running down my face. Your dear daughter sounds like she is looking forward to having a mother to love her...how special!

    ReplyDelete