Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday 28 July 2013

T minus seven!

I'm leaving in a week this morning to get my girl! For soooo many years, I doubted that this would ever happen. Even last week I was wondering if I would ever make it to Vietnam (it's a long, cold swim and my suitcases are heavy). Now I have flights, a hotel, a passport and a visa, so I've got one week to finish packing, work on my house, and freak out about everything coming in my life. It's over-the-moon thrilling that my dream is coming true, but I've also had 6.5 years to think about all the ways I can mess up and things can go wrong! I just have to breathe and believe. Nothing matters except that Mai feels safe and loved.



















"Tell me again about the first time you held me in your arms and called me your baby sweet. Tell me again how you cried happy tears."

- Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born, Jamie Lee Curtis

5 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog and posts on the Yahoo group. Good luck!! Exciting times! Maybe we'll see guys at some of the adoption gatherings in Ottawa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and everything will go fine, I just know it. Wow! Six and a half years - that is one heck of a long journey. If you want to try to connect in Vancouver on your way out, email me and will see if it works for the both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!! Enjoy every minute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I couldn't be more thrilled for you and crying happy tears of my own at the relief that you are finally on your way there to meet and bring home Mai. She is a very lucky little girl to be coming into your care. Huge hug to you. Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, I can't wait to see her picture! May God bless you as you enter the fabulous world of motherhood!

    ReplyDelete