Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday 19 September 2012

news for the seekers



Sangria to celebrate good news from Spain, from the ACI agency.  For some reason I'm not able to copy and paste the translation of their post, but I can tell you that they have received 3 referrals from Vietnam.



Thanks for the comment Francesca! I'm adding spumanti to celebrate Italy's NAAA (agency? association?), which received its "first referrals" for round 1 from Vietnam on September 18.  I am in round 2 but none of those dossiers have left the DA yet, and I am told it could take months.  Nonetheless, I am happy tonight for Italy and Spain, and the children who will finally have forever homes in those wonderful countries.



An empty wallet seems fitting for the bad news:  the fee that Vietnam is now charging families for orphanage care is $3000 (paid to the DA).  I understand that the DA is also allowing orphanages to request additional funds from us, that they vary by location, and that they are higher than in the past.  I don't have any more information than this, but if anyone knows or learns more, please let me know.

(Thanks to the people who posted these photos that I got from Google images.  I hope they're not copyrighted because, as you have just read, I can't afford to pay you.  Maybe I could have, back in the days when international adoption was "just" $15K or $20K, but then in 2009 Imagine Adoption "allegedly" stole everything from me and I had to start all over again, and over the past three years the cost has exploded.  I used "allegedly" there not because they didn't steal everything from me, but because they haven't been convicted yet and, knowing them, they would sue me for not using "allegedly".  Actually, I don't know why I am concerned about their suing me--I'm no longer worth anything.)

2 comments:

  1. Good news from Italy too so break out the spumante!

    http://www.naaa.it/naaa/html/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1436#.UFpjkNhWYRc.email

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    This sounds like good news. Can you explain a bit about Round 1 and Round 2? If Italy and Spain are moving ahead then Canada can't be too far behind can it? Keep thinking positive thoughts.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete