Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday 9 September 2012

the light




I'm just going to re-post news that others posted on their blogs that are listed to the right (but it's definitely information worth repeating at this point!!)  My agency, TDH, received its first referral from Vietnam last week under the new "regular" program.  A Quebec agency, Formons une famille, told its waiting families last week that some families whose dossiers were sent to Vietnam in spring 2012 (as mine was) may have been matched recently, but they cannot confirm this until they receive official referrals from the DA.  That agency has also been asked to submit new dossiers.

I feel like I can see the light, but my own words can't explain what that is like after seeing the heart of darkness.  So tonight let's re-JOY-ce with the words of Thich Nhat Hanh--for the families:

"Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.”

and for my girl:

"Through my love for you, I want to express my love for the whole cosmos, the whole of humanity, and all beings. By living with you, I want to learn to love everyone and all species. If I succeed in loving you, I will be able to love everyone and all species on Earth... This is the real message of love.”

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like really positive news. Thank you for your email. Wow, if they are sending referrals for dossiers sent in the spring of this year that's pretty good. Keep me informed.
    Best wishes,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen!
    I've just discovered your blog through the Francesca's blog which I'm a member of.
    I do share a lot of your feelings and thougths about adoption process. We are also with TDH (Québec) and we have been waiting for more than 5 years. Just as you, we've also been through some difficult time.
    We now feel that things might be changing. It's a real relief after all those years of bad news or no news.
    I had head about referral in Denmark and FUF, but I didn't kwow that TDH also had received a referral. I hope I didn't misunderstand the information. If I understood right, I'm so glad about that!
    I wish you to "watch the moon" with your daugther from the same house as fast as possible!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete